From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 08:04:04 -0400
>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret tongue action?
>Ever noticed that the ferret licks liquids (LUMPS) off the inside vertical
>wall of the soup bowl and almost never laps up the soup as a dog or cat
>will - and that is lapping it up directly from the surface or even the
>miniscus* of the soup?

I can't say that I've ever noticed this to be the case.  To be sure, I
watched two of mine lap up their morning portion of "duck soup."  Both
start in the middle, lapping it up until it's almost totally gone.  They'll
then move closer to the sides to get what remains.  They always leave a
small amount around the sides of the bowl (a very small, stainless steel
bowl with sloping sides), which one of our cats sits waiting to finish off.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line