From:
"Andrew W.Gould" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 01:40:11 +1000
Hi from the furries down under a few questions for those of you topside?

I am trying to find out if soy milk falls under the vegetable protein banner
and thus is bad for ferrets?

Also is lard/dripping suitable as a fats additive for ferrets in need of
something to help dry skin. all other fats and oils seem to be based on
veggies or contain lactose. Any suggestions

Is town water bad for ferrets with it "high" calcium levels and chlorine and
fluorine?

Why the no bone recommendations in many texts?  Ferrets teeth and jaws are
designed for bone crunching, are they not?

What do you worm your ferrets with?

Bitter apple is not available over her any other suggestions for
bitterants/deterrents

I am trying to get a complete breakdown of a ferrets nutritional
requirements, I know it is in James.G.Fox's book but I cannot get a copy or
access to a copy(believe me I have tried.  Any suggestions or ability to
e-mail me or fax me the relevant pages(Fax no +61 06 295 3831, do not forget
your code to get out of the states)

Any homeopathic or herbal remedies for ferret would be greatly appreciated
or suggestions of sites that particularly deal with this topic.

I am trying to get a permit to import a ferret from the states or UK and
thus bring in some new genes to the very small Australian gene pool(no new
ferrets since 1927) Any one interested in helping me please tell me.

Beth