From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:53:37 -0500
>"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MF
>Well if MF is listening (everyone else close their eyes now)
>I think your evil and hate what you do!

Geez, Marie, this is kinda personal, no.  Look, I understand your concerns
for Marshall.  But this is not about hate mongering of any kind nor is it
for bashing about.  It is not my intention or desire to fuel such stuff.
Marie, your emotions are valid ones, as are anyone's.  But simply airing
them is not in and of itself productive.  E-mail me privately, and perhaps
we can join in a more productive communication towards your concerns.  Damn,
Marie, you've just scared them off, gosh, now they'll never answer our
questions!(jez kidding ;-) If they have the nerve to kill thousands of
ferrets each year(the retirement program)then turn around and say "we love
ferrets" to Melissa Litwicke who *did* call them, they should be able to
face this forum with ease.

>yes, there are regularly new posters.  And so my statements and request were
>not out of line.  I was merely letting them and others know that this
>discussion is far from anything new or shocking to the FML.  They must also
>know that it is also a discussion that usually goes nowhere positive.
>Kimberly Burkard

Ok, Kimberly, in case you misunderstood the flavor or points of my post
unintentionally --which is ok for a change--let me correct this now for all.
You are not out of line by my perspective.  I was agreeing with your
frustration *and* your account almost 100 percent(that ain't too shabby).  I
was simply enriching your original post with some further and different
perspectives that are entirely reasonable and valid.  I just don't think
it's a dead end.  We really have yet to begun to fight for what we believe
is right on this matter.  I sincerely believe it can be a winnable cause if
enough of us manage to stick together long enough to actually accomplish
something without finding argument where there is none.  That's part of what
these rounds accomplish.  Each time, there are a few more people made aware
of these concerns and some that actually volunteer time and effort towards
resolution.  It is a slow and painful process, knowing that this time costs
many ferret lives.  But that's just the way it is.  Please, Kimberly, if you
really are fed up with little being done, email me and perhaps we can change
that.  You have a public statement from me saying no insult was implied at
all, nor is appropriate.  We are on the same side, which *was* the point of
my response concerning your recent post.

>If one is truly interested in communication, as opposed to crucifixition,
>s/he might try an old-fashioned phone call to Marshall Farms.  If the call
>is polite, then you'll get some answers.
>swamp

Well, gee, swamp, maybe because they need to recognize their responsibility
to their customer base.  As I said before, it would be a conservative
statement to say 50% of the list's members own at least one MF ferret.  If
this is a hostile base, and MF feels they have nothing to hide, than they
have *every* reason TO participate and correct the situation.  Most
politicians and businesses recognize this and usually immediately respond to
the "upset" group and extend an open hand.  That is unless, there is
something you wish to keep hidden and/or feel you do not need to show any
customer support.

As far as your phone call suggestion, YES.  Call, be polite, and see what
you get.  Ask for some solid answers, as you, a customer, have every right
to, whether the company is public or private.  *Please* call.

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi