From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 01 Nov 1994 09:38:33 -0500
        I posted two weeks ago on my ferret Sebastian and possible kidney
problems.  When I got him back from the hospital he looked like a skeleton,
with a fur coat. :(  Know he's gained some wieght back and alot of energy.
He's even gotten back into being my snooz button. (ie.  If I'm not out
of bed by 6:30AM he comes and nipps at my ankles and wrists. Why can't
he understand weekends. :)  )  He also seemed to have passed a very large
fur ball the day after coming home.  I meen this sucker was huge.  I
tend to wonder if this may have been to reason for his severe dehydration,
and slightly elivated kidney and liver enzimes.  I'm going to take this up
with my vet this afternoon.

        I give my guys CatLax to help prevent furballs on a weekly baisis.
So finding such a large furball tends to make me wonder if I'm giving them
to little, or maybe I started this procedure to late on Sebastian.  He was
almost two before I started him on furball remover.  Any idea how long a
furball can stay in a ferrets stomach or intestines before being passed?
The reason I started CatLax was do to a shelter ferret that had several
large furballs in his stomach and intestines when he died.  Death wasn't
caused by these furballs but may have put undue stress on the ferret.
Mako, Sebastian, and Bambie have been on catlax for almost a year and
a half now.

        Sorry to take up so much space on just furballs. (hack)

        Brad, Sebastian, Mako, and Bambie.

        P.S.  HAPPY 1000'th.