From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 1995 14:50:17 CST
(As if I haven't said enough :) )

Somebody asked about kitten vs. cat food and protein content -- went back to
find out who and couldn't find it in that huge last issue (Is it me or are
they getting longer and longer?  No thanks to me this time!)

Many vets do suggest switching ferrets from growth to maintenance at about 3
or 4 years.  I make an effort to poll just about every ferret vet I talk to,
and I've found that the most experienced ones say that ferrets need the
higher fat content of the growth (kitten) formulas throughout life.  The
exception to this is ferrets with a known kidney problem.  These ferrets *do*
need a different diet.  Drs. Brown and Kawasaki *both* suggest growth (and
Dr. Brown likes to mix in some Totally Ferret, too) throughout life.  I will
probably be suggesting the same when I get out of school.

Hope that clears it up.

Laura