From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 10:43:59 -0500
Bryan,
Just a short note on the limping of Tenaka..  it is PROBABLY a pulled muscle
or sprain if you can handle the limb and rotate it without any whining.
Quite often the ferrets will jump and land pulling or stretching the wrong
way.  One other thing might be to make sure the cage -- if it has a wire
bottom is covered.  I have myself a ferret who when able to would play in
the cage and his paw would slip through the small wire mesh bottom.

We keep heavy cotton dhuri rugs on the floor so that he won't injure his leg
now.  And they wash very well.  These kids are creative and as you know will
give anything a test!

Take care.. and if the limping continues please have the vet check it.

Alicia