From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 01:30:59 -0700
There have been some posts on ferrets shedding fur.  Four of our ferrets
have short hairs and one is long haired, he is the 5 pound male..  What
helped him the most was giving him a water bath every 3 days and a daily
brushing.  Brush the fur lightly so not to pull out all their fur.  Even
tho he caught what was told to me by the vet as bronchitis because of the
shedding.  We washed their bedding every 3 days during shedding season and
vacuumed the rug daily.

Have to say tho, each ferret is so different when getting winter and summer
coats.... Been on this board for 17 months and some ferrets shed at odd
times of the year, not sure why.

If anyone would like to share when their ferrets got their winter coats,
and how long they lasted, this would be great to know.  Only one of our
ferrets had his winter coat for about 7 months, where the others had them
for about 1-2 months only.

Thanks for listening.

Debbie