From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 10:59:27 -0400
If I recall correctly, a while ago someone posted a special recipe for
feeding ferrets with insulinoma.  Could someone respost or refer me to where
I can find it?

Mister is a 7+ DEW hob that came to the shelter a few days ago.  He lived
outside in summer and in a garage in winter, and was fed grocery store
catfood.  His lifelong mate, Misses, died of some kind of cancer some time
ago.  Mister is very weak in the hindquarters, and has suffered several
seizures.  Sometimes he is just trembling and out-of-it, once he was shaking
uncontrollably and pooping and peeing all over himself.  My family members
have been instructed to rub karo syrup on him gums if more seizures occur.

Our vet is looking into the cost of medication, and we will take Mister for
a confirmation blood glucose test before starting any meds.  We don't think
he would be a good candidate for surgery, but we would like to make his
remaining time comfortable.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter