From:
Paige Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 11:52:28 -0400
For 6 months now I have been lurking in the shadows of the FML, following
the fert adventures, learning invaluable tips (kudos for the Ferritone on
the belly trick) and silently adding my hopes to all the fuzzies who are in
trouble.  I figured it was about time to introduce myself and the little
ones.

My original ferrets are a pair of sable sprites that have been with me
since they were 8 weeks old (now 2.5 years).  The pair of them are the
storm sisters, individually known as Thunder and Lightning.  The best
way I can think of, to describe the storm sisters is to relay one of
their many conquests.

Around a year ago, I was watching the TV and Thunder came up demanding that
I let her steal the TV remote (no she has never chewed the buttons on the
remote).  Needless to say the game began.....Thunder climbed up my leg /
Jumped from the bookshelf to my shoulder and generally pulled every trick
from the book to capture the prize!  After about 20minutes of intensive
activity and a lot of laughing, Thunder finally got the ideal that she was
not going to win this time and wandered off to play another game.  A couple
minutes later, the radio started blaring in the bedroom.  I jumped off the
couch to investigate, and there was Lightning standing on the "ON" button
staring at me.  When I got within reaching distance she stomped on the "OFF"
button and ran away dooking at me.  Not quite understanding why I was privy
to that display of mishief I returned to the TV.  Low and behold, I finally
got the joke!!!  While Lightning was distracting me with the radio, Thunder
snuck in and stole the remote!  I have since learned that I will never "win"
a game when it comes to the Storm Sisters.

About a week ago, I adopted a third ferret that was in need of a home.
Hershey is a 1.5 year sable mitt.  With a lot of care and patience, I am
slowly seeing Hershey start to trust and love (her first instinct is to
lunge and bite, as if she needs to get in the first hit).  As for Thunder
and Lightning, I am going to take introductions really slow, but I am
confident eventually there will be 3 storm sisters scheming new adventures.

However, the reason that prompted me to write is this: Yesterday I was woken
up in the middle of the night to ferret screaming.  I thought that one of
the storm sisters had broken into Hersheys room.  I jumped up and ran to
separate them...however, I found Hershey sound asleep, screaming with all 4
feet twitching.  I picked her up and caressed her until she fell into a
deeper sleep.  The only way I can explain this is Hershey was dreaming
(probably a nightmare).

My question is can ferrets dream?  Has anyone else experienced this?
Please email so I know I'm not going insane...(email:

Thanks for letting me ramble..
Paige with Hershey and the Storm Sisters