Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2014 08:27:21 -0500
I am often reminded of just how far ferret knowledge has come since I
bought my first ferret. While I am not at "the Sukie Level".....I am
at a level where I know who to ask or where to look.

BUT - most importantly (I believe) - I am learning how to delicately
refer newbies to places of information. It's a "skill" we all need -
Trying to improve a ferret's life by letting it's owner know there
are interesting, fun and not-so-scary places to learn or ask newbie
questions!

A good example is a post on the Space Coast Florida Craigslist.....
a lost ferret who's owner had had him in an {{outdoor}} shelter. No
matter what I'd like to say in this situation, I know I have to be
gentle or this newbie may not listen.

Maybe as a liitle challenge, we should try to think of our first
ferrets and recall the most ridiculous/dumb piece of "knowledge" we
believed in then. As teachers, we need to remember what it's like
to be students.