Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2019 17:22:36 -0600
I recently took my ferrets completely off any sort of tinned food diet.
Firstly, the best I could get was high quality cat food of various brands
(Iams, Science, etc).  They have never really liked it, and will only eat
it when they really have to.  It's also really expensive..

They now have only pelleted food (availiable all the time), cut up chunks
of raw meat in the morning and when they go into the cage for the night,
and a mouse each when they're let out in the evening.

Since I've switched to this diet, my chubby boy has lost quite a lot of
weight.  He's still a little big, but he's thin enough now to be able to do
things like climbing up things with a lot more ease.  Don't worry; believe
me, it's not because he's not getting enough to eat :) Also, my small boy
has filled out a bit more.

Anyone who knows much about this sort of thing; does tinned food contain a
lot more fat/fattening substances that raw meat?  I was amazed at how much
healthier and happier my ferrets are since I changed thier diet, they have
a lot more energy now, as well.

- Reet