From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 23:53:11 EDT
Hi and Dooka-Dook to the fuzzies !!

Okay, how many of you remember my posts about my friend John.  The guy who
had the pregnant degus?  The guy who bred rats and had me babysitting over
100 of them?   Hmmmmmm . . . .okay, you can put your hands down now.

Well, Johns mom called me tonight to fill me in on something.  John had
animals for companionship and the like, I can totally relate to that <g>.
Johns mother questioned him why he had rats & such.  She thought he may be
better off with a more playful animal.  But what?  She commented to John
how much fun he always seemed to have when he played with my kids.  How I
was always talking about how playful they were.

His mom called me tonight to tell me that he had found a pet store what
would take the rats and stuff and give him credit for another pet.  Seems
he traded his stuff in last night and got a FERRET !!!!  <heh, heh>.
Listening to them it was obvious that everyone had a blast playing with
the new kid.

Well, time to go through my stuff and create a "Homecoming Kit".  I had
some extra boxes of treats, small litter pan, extra cage, and tubes of
"Nutrimalt" and "Petromalt".  Put all of this together, along with a copy
of Duck Soup recipes.

John brought the kid over tonight.  ROMEO is definately a lover.  He is
happy, energetic, and a kisser.  Wonderful disposition.  Excellent first
fert.  Romeo had a blast playing with my kids and the tubes & stuff.  He
seemed to be attracted to a large yellow playball that the kids had.  Well,
I have others, so - put that in the cage as well.

<heh-heh> John has no idea what's in store.  He always asked me why I had
so many ferts.  Says now he can understand.  He's already wondering if
Romeo would like a cage-mate.  I held Romeo close to my face asking if he
was adept at Ferret Mind Control Techniques.  Swear he winked at me.  Yep,
John has no idea!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
Featuring the ~~~Terrific~~~Tumultous~~~Twelve~~~
~Furrice~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Rascal (formerly
 Caesar)~Miss Priss (formerly Pimp)~Cinna~
Introducing RACER (vrrrrrrooooooooooooommmmmm - see the racing stripe !!)
Guest STAR - ~Fur-Angel Lady~
Cast Appearance by - Geordi the Min-Pin
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert), Jada the
Min-Pin, and fellow ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, and ~Max~