From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:05:16 -0500
To Mia, who dared to smell like a ferret,

I'm the stinky one who posted about a month ago when I was sent home from
work because my co-workers said I smelled like my ferrets!  It really hurt
my feelings, and made me mad, too.  It didn't seem to matter that some of
my co-workers smell like cigarette smoke or too much perfume- enough to
give you a headache!  I didn't know how I was going to be able to go back
to work- but I did.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  Most
everybody was embarrassed that I'd been sent home- They had a hard time
looking me in the eyes-

But now I make references to smells ALL THE TIME!  If someone says they
smell something, I literally shout out- "It isn't me!"

And I DARE anyone to, well... fart..  near me, either!  I, too, put my
clothes on right from the dryer.  I literally pour baby powder down my
shirt front- and I wash my hair every morning, even if it does mean going
to work with wet hair.  I try not to cuddle and kiss on my babies before
going to work- But it's awfully hard not to!

My family thinks that ferrets smell GREAT!!  WE EVEN LIKE TO SMELL OUR
WHOLE HOB!  (although sometimes he can clear your sinuses).

Phooey on folks who can't appreciate the finer things in life!  Good luck
in your work place.  I have to admit, I do try to keep a 6 ft distance from
my boss when we talk.  And I'm a little paranoid when someone walks up
behind, me, too.  But don't let them get to you.  Be proud that you're a
compassionate human who understands the finer ferrets of life- And ...Walk
like a ferret.  Smell like a ferret.  Just don't back up in any corners:-)

Sincerely,

A Smelly Co-worker