Date:
Tue, 26 May 2009 08:23:40 -0400
Hi Michele:

I know that sometimes dealing with ill or terminal ferrets can wear
on you, but it takes a special person to be able to handle the extra
burden that most people in this world cannot handle or don't care
enough to handle. We tried to 'fix' Mr. Parker when he came to us from
the shelter 3 months ago, and did everything possible, but sometimes
all that is 'possible' is to show them love that they never knew
before, for however long that may be. We only had Mr. Parker for 6
weeks before we had to help him to the bridge, but I'm convinced that
it was about 5 weeks more than he would have had if he had remained
at the shelter instead of coming to our home.

You are not the 'angel of death', you are the angel of hope. Many of
these ferrets would have no hope if not for you and the shelter mom and
others like you. Sometimes hope is enough, and sometimes it's not, but
either way, you are giving these ferrets something that they probably
never had before, and never would have if not for you. It's hard to
see that 'big picture' when your heart is aching, but sometimes the
difference between a ferret never knowing love and tenderness in it's
life and knowing it for just a short time can mean everything.

You and other shelter moms and dads willingly accept inevitable pain
and heartache in order to help as many ferrets as possible. If you
ask me, only a very strong person can expose herself to that kind of
sadness over and over again for the sake of another soul.

With respect for all that you do,

Jeff
In Memory of Neo and Mr. Parker
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, Luna, Dozer, and Possum