From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 13:18:50 -0500
When the Kodo incident first happened it occurred on a week when we had
earlier made a large number of purchases in MI so we included in our letter
to the governor that we were waiting on further MI purchases till we could
see that MI was willing to prove itself to have both a heart and a brain.
We'd hate to do so, being very satisfied with the products, but we are
willing to do it to make a point if there turns out to be need for that.
Steve pointed out today that I missed an important point: we have a car
which is made there ( a '93 Ford ) and we will be in the market to replace
it within the next two years.  Would the result of this case affect our
future choice even though we had been set on another MI car?  You bet it
would, even though it makes life more uncomfortable for us!  Steve and I
have a history of putting our money where our mouths are.  Probably about
half of the FML members, ferret club members, newsletter recipients, and
Modern Ferret owners in the U.S.  have cars made in MI.  Perhaps it would
pay to write BOTH the auto manufacturers with MI plants which interest you
and to write the governor's office letting them know that the outcome of
this case would be another factor which would figure into your choice if
that is actually the case and you really will be in the market for a new
car.  Please, DON'T flame -- be business-like and honest.

Sukie