From:
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:41:28 -0400
More stars shining brightly in the sky tonight.  One star's name is Rain,
a beautiful little one that passed away knowing love and happiness.  Rain
came tot he shelter with Rebel and found a happy place with a new family.
Her mom & dad sadly miss Rain and so does Rebel.  i want to tell them all
that Rain is doing great and is having a ball playing with me and all my
friends at the Rainbow Bridge.  I will watch over Rain until it comes
time that Rain is reunited with you all.

The other star's name is Xena.  She is welcomed with open paws by her
sisters, Munchie & Daisy.  Xena's parents miss all their little girls so
much but are the some of the best ferret parents i know.  they have done
everything they can for all their little ones.  i want to tell them that
i (Harley "Bug") have a special little party planned tonight for Xena,
Munchie & Daisy.  The 3 girls miss you so very much, i thought i would
surprise them with a party to cheer them up!

mommie was sad on Thursday, remembering the anniversary of my last day on
earth.  a kind family donated $500 to the shelter in memory of me!  that
really made mommie cry!  She wanted me to thank Andy & Kym G. of VA for
their heartfelt and VERY caring gesture.  They have become our "shelter
angels".

Because of our "shelter angels", Ken will be able to go to Guelph (where
i used to go) for help.  The shelter x-rayed him and he has a broken hip
that has fused together AND a sway in his spine, AND has cataracts that
have detached and are causing problems.  He ALSO has a small tumor on his
back that could be nothing, but it could be something to worry about.
Ken's owner threw him and his sister Barbie, off a 4 storey balcony.

Also on Thursday, the shelter took in a new little girl.  Her name is
Pride.  her owners were mentally handicapped and one was pregnant.  They
were unable to care for her and had no one to help them.  Poor little
Pride was never let out of her cage and she bites really hard out of
frustration!  SOME pet shops should be shot for what they do!

There is a new site for mommie's book.  I'm one of the main characters
and so is grandma and a doggie named Salem.  The new site is
www.ferretaid.org/journey.html
ENJOY!

Dharma & Duncan are doing great.  They were the 2 that the shelter took
in from another shelter to help out.  Duncan was biting REAL hard for a
long time, but since he is at "Camp Paige" he's doing so much better.
Auntie Paige can walk around with him in her arms and he doesn't bite
at all!!!

So far the shelter is doing pretty good at the Pride festival!  It's been
very tiring for all of them and i think they are all a wee bit grumpy
lol!  They still have one more FULL day to go!  Hopefully, they'll raise
enough money to have Jake's adrenal surgery done and vaccines for MANY
more kids.

Have a super-duper week and Happy Canada day & 4th of July!!!

Love to all, Harley "Bug"

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society