From:
Bridget Bolland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:01:25 -0600
I would prefer to see people using a dog, cat or ferret shampoo on their
fuzzies instead of any type of people shampoo, yes even baby shampoo,
because the ferrets' skin pH is different than ours.  Their pH is higher,
i.e. more alkaline or less acidic, than that of humans'.  Basically this
means that human shampoo can irritate or burn the fuzzies' skin which may
account for increased scratching.  A pet cream rinse isn't required, but I
like it.

I would like to welcome Sherry to the FML! :)  She is a very wonderful and
caring person.  She adopted from me about a year ago (so go a head and ask
her how she felt about my adoption interview!) and recently started up a
shelter in the St.  George area.  She has done a lot to save ferrets and
educate people in the bottom part of Utah.  Thanks for all of your hard
work!!  :)

Bridget
Utah Ferret Rescue & Shelter (in Salt Lake)