Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:36:57 EST
I have been a member of this great forum for a long time.  I don't post
but do lurk on a daily basis.  I cry with everyone in their moments of
sorrow, laugh at the antics of our fantastic furkids, and even learn
something from the debates that occur on here from time to time.

It is with a heavy heart and great sorrow that I share the news of having
to help one of my babies on her journey to the Rainbow Bridge.  Rascal
was a rescue, found left behind in a mobile home when the family just
moved out, and given to me by the people who found her.  Her age was
unknown, but my vet figured she was an older lady.  She was the most
gentle of spirits.  And her coming into my life was a balm for my loss of
Rosey to insulinoma only a month before.  I also thought Rascal was Rosey
reincarnated.  She shared so much of the same temperment of Rosey.  Even
down to loving toes fresh from the shower!  The only difference between
the two was the coloring.  Rosey was a beautiful sable, while Rascal was
a perfect albino.  Just over a year ago, Rascal followed Rosey in another
way.  She also developed insulinoma.  For a while I was able to maintain
her on the minimum dosage of prednisone.  But about six months ago, I had
to go to the full level allowed.  In the last week, her blood sugar was
just impossible to keep level.  Saturday morning, I just woke up with a
feeling that it was Rascal's day.  Funny how we get "those"feelings.  I
was unable to get her medicine down her, not able to get any nutrical down
her, then her seizures started.  Seizures alone are bad enough, but when
they start crying and screaming with them, they just tear the heart out of
you.  I rushed her to my vet, who is extremely ferret knowledgeable.  We
were unable to stabilize her.  I had promised her when the time came, I
would make it easy on her, if not me.  I kept that promise.  Rascal passed
easily over to the Bridge where I know she is pain free and whole again.
She is now resting peacefully beside a beautiful camillia that is in full
bloom.  And this summer she will have a gardenia on the other side of her.

My loving thoughts go to all who have sick ones or have recent losses.  In
particular I think often of Eppy's mom.  I think the pain of not knowing
is far greater than what I am experiencing.  Blessed be the little ones.
Give them an extra hug and kiss today.

For the ferrets!
Barbara and the furkids, Sneezy, Pepper, Bubbles, and Nosey
In loving memory of Rosey and Rascal.