From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 09:29:53 EDT
> From:    Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Statistics;Oregon Bite Case;Selecting a vet;Descenting
snip
>         I *totally* agree with Mary McCarthy on descenting. I also believe
> that not everyone should be a ferret owner.
>         -Carla

I totaly agree here.  Some say ferrets are the perfect pet.  To me they are.
But I always worn people of just what they are getting into.  I've talked
several people out of adopting a ferret, and told one person out right not to
get one.  I even told the shelter to tell him we didn't have any ferrets.  He
called back for weeks.  I hope for the ferrets sake he never got one.

Opps deleted header and most of the article.  This question is for Dr.
williams but I had to reaspond.
(if a ferret bites a human, why is it)
> put down for a rabies test.  (It is not required here in New Jersey for a
> rabies shot, only feline and canine distemper-combo).

> Fran Schreiber

        Almost every where ferrets are put down for rabies tests.  Statisticly
speaking this is rediculous.  But Fran says NJ requires Feline distemper shots.
Feline distemper is not a ferret disease. Ignorance has a large part to  play
in their policies.  These Health agencies just don't have any real official
documents to go buy.  Unfortunately the one used by most is outdated and
full of garbage.  It was used/written to keep ferrets out of California I
believe.  Go figure.  Nothing againts you all on the other coast. :)  Must
admit I'm alittle jealous.  You all have those bovine killing ferrets.  I've
never seen a ferret go cow tipping for manatees. :)

        I guess I'm helping make the list longer. Well it does get quite
large.  I to do alot of just scanning these days, but save almost all of
them till I find time.  Sometimes weeks before I finish reading,  At least
it keeps bussy and happy when things are slow.

        PAM,   BREVARD FERRET LOVERS RESCUE has a new address and phone#
        could you add it to the STAR DATA BASE PLEASE.  THANKS

        BREVARD FERRET LOVERS RESCUE
        P.O.BOX 360577
        MELBOURNE, FL 32936-0577
        PHONE # (407) 725-0335