From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:26:04 -0600
Many of you have read posts from Lisette--but some of you don't know
that she is a dentist with her own practice.

Today, we were honored with a visit from Lisette, who came equipped
with an array of special tools, and did exams & dental prophylaxis on
52 ferrets here! I assisted, and our friend & board member Gregg handed
off cage after cage of little ones for inspection & treatment. Each
patient was snuggled & kissed by the doc. No anesthesia, no trauma,
no tartar or calculus!! Beautiful! (and very educational too!)

It was a wonderful afternoon. (No one was sticking anything sharp in MY
mouth LOL!!!) Afterward, We all enjoyed food, ferrets at play, fun, &
friendship. My husband Kurt had prepared some yummy appetizers & snacks
for us!

As I write this, dozens of beautiful ferret faces are licking, yawning,
crunching kibble, and sleeping. Most of them have sparkling clean
mouths now. Lisette plans to take care of the others on a return visit.

She wouldn't allow us to pay for her services-- and and after she left,
we found a generous check on the kitchen table. We are so grateful for
the help & support.

We have had more than our share of worry & sadness this past year, with
so many older, ill, & hospice babies. This afternoon was such a welcome
change.

Lisette, if you're reading this, we just want to thank you again, from
the bottom of our hearts. Today was a bit of a "busman's holiday" for
you---but you have helped so many of the babies here. May God bless
you!

Love,
Zoo

www.zoosferretsanctuary.org