From:
"Alice D. Barrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:16:31 -0800
>From Suzanna Riddle:
>I think she may be deaf because she hasn't responded to any sounds, not
>even the vacuum.  However, she is always making noise.  She dooks all
>the time.  Do deaf ferrets still talk?

Yes, deaf ferrets still talk, which puzzles me.

It took me longer to train my deaf ferret, Fannie, not to bite and one day
she may have come close to a kill and test situation because of it.  I don't
let her out when visitors are in the house.  At almost 1 1/2 years, she
still has some learning to do and also startles easier.  Be extra careful
she doesn't get outside with out a leash because she won't hear you calling
her back.

Thanks for the description of the bathtub game; it might be fun for us to
try.  The M on her ear could be for Marshall Farms.

Congratulations on your adorable new Valentine baby and have fun!

Alice