From:
mark hei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 01:09:55 -0400
I have a few things I do to bathe ferrets, and I mostly don't ever bathe
them unless I have someone coming over I want to impress, or they got all
muddy.  I like when they smell like strawberry shampoo, and they look SO
PROUD after their bath!  It is great family time to snuggle in blankets
and towels and play - "lets admire my pretty girls!" (they are all girls,
including my dear deceased Shelby Girl) Another time, was when my baby
came home smelling like pine needle shavings, that stuff pet stores put
in the weasel's flooring.  I cleaned my baby, and she liked it...

I do 3 types of baths...

1. In the sink, I fill it with about 1-2 inches of nice warm water, and
squeeze in a little shampoo.  Then, in goes the weasel, where I simply
hand wash over the body, avoiding the head entirely.  Then, I empty the
sink (while holding the weasel in a towel) then refill it.  Then, the
rinse cycle, again staying away from the head.  Finally, 2 towels and
lots of praise... Repeat for each ferret!

2. In the shower, I take a shower, and put shampoo on my head.  Then, I
grab a weasel from the bathroom floor, and wet them without getting the
head.  Then, use the shampoo on my head to lather them... finally, hold
them upto the water, without getting their head... then, hug them in the
shower, give praise, and this lets the water drip off... Let them run
through towels on the bathroom floor.

3. Hold them, run sink water, and get hands wet and get a little shampoo.
rub it in them, avoiding the head.  Then, hold them over the sink and HAND
wash them... don't hold them under the spicket..  I think it is more
acceptable from your hand and it doesn't feel to strange...

good luck/

mark h.