From:
Jessica Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:45:34 -0700
I saw a post that some 30 ferrets in Texas need homes?  If that was
regarding the Austin shelter closure, I was told that was taken care of
now.  But if it's something else, or if I simply had the wrong info,
here's what I can do.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I have a ferret group on Yahoo for Texans
and their ferrets.  When we first heard of the Austin shelter closing,
there were several people who stepped forward and wanted to help.  If
there are still more ferrets who need homes ASAP, let me know and I will
pass the word on to our club.  Also, I can pass the word onto other
shelters who might be able to help.  (I've seen Debi Christy post on
here, so she's probably aware of it already.)

Long story short, if any ferret in Texas needs help, we want to help.
We've got some awesome members with hearts as big as they come.  You can
email me personally and I will pass it on, or go to the club and post
yourself.  Even if you're not from Texas, we would love to hear from you!
The more the merrier.  We have adorable photos, "Ferret of the Week"
profiles (soooo cute!), and just a great atmosphere.  Here are the links:

GROUP-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lonestarferrets

WEBSITE-
www.geocities.com/lone_star_ferrets