From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 11:40:37 -0500
Last night funnel clouds were 5 miles south of us.  We got some heavy
winds, lots of rain, and some hail.  The back enclosure was a pond and the
south side of the basement (the only section that leaks) flooded a bit.  I
spent about 30 minutes downstairs sopping up the water with the wet/dry
vac.  Unfortunately, that is the side the ferrets sleep on so their rug and
quilt were soaked.  I took out both and cleaned it up and put a fresh quilt
down for them.  Boy were they happy to get back in their sleeping area.

Our outside enclosure, to the pleasure of the little ones, was a shallow
pond (about 2 inches).  The tubing out there was half full of water and our
snorkler, Honey swam through it several times then swam for the back door.
She had a ball, as I did watching her from their bedroom window.  Pumkin,
on the other hand, was not a bit amused when he tried to go through the
tube and was surprised by the cold water within.  I obediently went out and
emptied the tube, which he inspected afterwards to make sure I had done it
correctly.  The only animal I know that is not frightened of storms is the
ferret, instead they enjoy the energy.  :-)

A friend had a difficult time registering for Ferret Family Services on
igive.  He received a message that we aren't there.  Well we are there so
if you have problems registering for our cause please email igive and let
me know too.  He had typed in ferrets and it didn't bring us up, after
about an hour of fussing with it he again typed in ferret and then we were
there.  Is anyone else having difficulties with igive or are we the lucky
ones?

My condolences to all who have lost loved ones.  If you need a shoulder,
I'm here for you.

hugs to all. tle