Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:15:58 -0600
I'm curious in regards to the early spy/neuter of ferrets by the
different mills.  It has to be extremely hard on the animal to be altered
when they are so young.  I don't know of any vet that would touch a cat
or dog at such an early age.  I realize that for ferrets to be pets they
must be altered.  Why don't they let the owner take care of it?  I have
a large (and growing!) group of fur bearing friends.  Only one ferret
but I'm working on my wife in this regard. : )))  Every one has been
spayed/neutered and received their shots, all of which was arranged by
me after receiving them.  The only exception was the worming of a puppy.
Every other procedure was taken care of by my vet.

Are they concerned about competition from one individual breeding a few
on their own?  Considering some of the things I've read about the various
"mill facilities" they certainly aren't concerned about the ferrets
health!  They could charge the same amount without the surgery.  So, what
is the reason for their insistence in this regard?

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Home page: http://schroeder-family.us
NRA Life Member

Behold the superfluous.  They are always sick.  They vomit their gall
and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche 1844-1900