From:
Wendy Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 20:48:52 -0500
I hope I'm not repeating anyone, but my server is *slow*.

I think the best representation of ferrets was in the movie Kindergarten Cop
with Schwartzenegger. He had a big sable male as a pet. The female lead was
freaked at first, but he explained that it never bit. He used the ferret as a
way to get to know the kids in his class. These 4 year olds would carry the guy
around by holding him under the arms and he'd just hang there. Carrying him was
the reward for being good.

In the end he saved the day by climbing out of the sweater of the hostage kid
onto the bad guy and biting him in the neck, which distracted him long enough
for the kid to get away. No unrealistic ferret leaps like in Beastmaster. My
only criticism was the raccoon-type noises they had him make. I guess ferrets
just aren't noisey enough for the Foley guys.

NE is one of my favorite shows. I can't believe they made such a gaffe, but it
really steamed me when I saw it. I wish media people would get the facts.

Wendy and Silk (still going strong though napping more at 7 1/4 years)

Wendy Hudson  [log in to unmask]
The clan: Lloyd (husband)
          Maggie (english springer spaniel)
          Marcus (cat)