Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 02:36:02 EDT
>Many of you may have heard the story, or (very, very unfortunately)
>watched the video of the man who felt the need to punch and kill a
>ferret (and many other ferrets and hamsters, apparently) to "relieve
>frustration." From what I know, this man was arrested and faces up to
>a year in prison or a $1,000 fine. That is bs--what a friggin slap on
>the wrist. I can think of a million more appropriate punishments for
>that horrible excuse for a human being. Does anyone know anywhere we
>can complain, raise h**l, etc.? The video is still posted on youtube,
>and I really can't see why this kind of thing is allowed to remain on
>there. This is just eating me up inside.

Hi Jenn ~

I hadn't heard of this, but if you get a city where this occurred you
can write to their local newspaper and do a "letter to the editor." If
you really want to follow up maybe a letter to the prosecuting attorney
in their DA's office might help. Once you find the local newspaper,
many of them are online now. You can get the story and that should tell
you the prosecutor on this particular case.

Interesting about youTube. I was there last night and saw the cute
turkey video. I also noddled around for about an hour looking at ferret
videos. One particularly bad one was someone giving their ferret a lick
of a jalepeno pepper. That poor ferret! They were laughing...but that
poor little one didn't know what was happening and raced for a water
glass. The photographer held the glass on the table, but the poor
ferret had to put his face all the way in to even get a lap of
water...they kept laughing...I was wondering how to get in touch with
them...I had to turn it off. So sad!

Warmly ~

Mary