From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 23:35:29 -0700
Regarding numerous posts on ferrets who seems to be wasting away from a lack
of energy, but has no identifiable illness....

My answer of Timmy's story and treatment is too long for the FML, but email
me for a copy.  Breifly, Timmy is the first ferret lab diagnosed &
"confirmed" as having "terminal lymphoma, prognosis poor, treatment of no
avail", in the words of the lab report, and has since experienced a complete
recovery & absence of all symptoms:) The diagnosing vet was Dr. Susan Brown
of Illinois, one of the most respected and published in the business.  I'm
humbly happy to report that over 2.5 years after the diagnosis, he is alive,
well & full of energy & dooks:)

Last fall two different vets in two different states examined him & reported
that "he looks like he was never sick a day in his life".  The "alternative"
methods that were used were the result of about 2000 hours of research I did
when my brother was suffering from leukemia.

Unfortunately, my brother died from the AMA type medicines, as he was locked
into that belief system.  A friend told me that "Timmy wasn't locked into a
particular belief system, so that's part of why he is alive & well today.

Timmy's picture and story is on his own web
page,<http://ferretworld.com/Docs/timmy.html>,
and this spring it was published in the book "Super Nutrition for Animals".
(The web page does not have the current version of the recipe, though, but
email me & I'll send the latest).  I've been giving away the information &
granting the "rights" to publish his story & recipe, without any cost or
royalties, with the intent that it help as many ferrets as possible.  As I
hear back from people that they are experiencing good results, I can only be
humbly grateful that a lot of good is coming out of the 5 months of
suffering that he went thru.

I know a number of new people get the impression that ferrets are sick a lot
from reading this list, but over all that is not true, it's just that a lot
of people here have a lot of helpful experience & are willing to share it
with someone in need.  I think that's pretty neat with all the "bad news"
stories on TV, etc.

    Sincerely,

             Gary & the gang of fur ->

        Thru joining, their grief has been transmuted to joy,
        loneliness to celebration...

        ..Data, in "The Tin Man" episode, STNG.