From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:46:10 -0500
David,

When Ruffle's liver tumors, cardiomyopathy, etc. meant that we could not
give her one of the standard meds for insulinoma related seizures but
proglycem alone wasn't enough -- the seizures were grand mal and had to be
controlled so that they would not precipitate death (This was before there
was no choice but surgery.) we used a controlled substance to reduce her
siezures: phenobarbital elixer 20 mg/5 ml.  The original dose of 1/4 ml
turned out to be too much even though she was a very large female, and we
went to .125 ml two times per day with very good results.  This is a med
which is used to control seizures due to any number of possible causes, and
something to keep in the back of one's mind for very hard cases.

Sukie
Marg:  You know, Homer, it's very easy to criticise..."
Homer:  "And fun, too!"