From:
Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 10:04:11 -0400
thanks to Chris Nielson and Trish for mailing me about advice about Escher.
She went into surgery yesterday after Dr. Schiff x-rayed her.  The x-ray
showed a large blockage in her.  He called during surgery telling me that it
wasn't something she ate, it was a tumor.  Her one kidney was totally
destroyed, the other was in bad shape.  Her spleen would probably have
ruptured in a few days, according to the doctor.  Luckily, she was only ill
for about a week.  She turned 7 in April, was MF, had both her adrenals
already removed and her pancreas.

She was, to me, the most beautiful girl in the world.  She was my first
ferret, a gift from someone, and I did everything wrong with her at first:
fed her grocery store food for her first year, moved her into a house
without air where she got heat stroke, etc... In the end, I hope to think I
did everything right and the other six will be healthy and happy.  She grew
up in a co-op of 50 people, most of which adored her and spent many fall
days playing in the leaves with her.  She sweetened even the most anti-pet
people, one of which photograped her wearing his store's diamond tennis
bracelets.

In the end, I gave permission for Dr. Schiff to take samples from her and
photograph her for a medical database.  I hope her death will help other
ferrets to live.  We will have a page totally devoted to her on
www.furph.com soon.

Escher Furphig Ferret April 1989-July 29, 1996

beckers

--
becki kain
"words are just dust in deserts of sound."  eldritch