Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:44:35 EST
It is with an extremely heavy heart that I tell you my little Em has gone
to the bridge this afternoon cradled in my arms.  She has left to be with
Rowdy, Wheeler, and Tunny.  She's the one I asked for your prayers on
Friday.  She would not eat this morning so I knew it was time.  I stayed
home from work today because I knew she was dying.  She has left a HUGE,
HUGE hole in my heart.  She was another one of the 8 we adopted last fall
all at one time and most of them were older.

Emily was turned in to the shelter because the woman was moving out of the
country.  She could not even take her to the shelter because she was too
upset so her mother took her and she was even crying.  Emily went through
some emotional changes and was unable to be adopted out--until she came to
our house.  She had the sweetest little face and personality.  We only had
her a little over a year.  She was around 6 years old.  She became blind,
but got around just fine.  She stole my heart right away and has taken it
with her to the bridge.

It's hard to believe Fruity has outlived another one.  I can't believe
she's gone and so soon after Wheeler's passing.  No it doesn't get any
easier.  It's amazing how you can adopt older ones and get so attached to
them and be so heartbroken when they are gone.  At least I know I loved her
to pieces and gave her the best of care.  Peace be with you, my little Em,
and I'm glad you're not hurting any more.  Rowdy will be glad to see you.

Mary, Rob and The 13 Munchkins Missing Emily