From:
"Alexandra Sargent-Colburn (via FML moderator)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 00:53:39 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

This is not going to be one of my funny posts. I have my dead serious
moments and this is one of them.

As many of you know, I struggle with manic-depression. As if happens,
for me, this is the most venerable time of the year. It is when I have
to take the greatest amounts of anti-psychotic drugs to keep on an even
keel. My illness is tightly tied to the photo period. As we move into
fall, the days become markedly shorter and I won't be under so much
psychic "pressure." (Nope. That's winter depression season and it's
*much* easier to deal with than mania!)

Right now, I really need *not* to be dealing with the FML controversy
over how much blame I should accept for the loss of Switch and Ping. I
have enough guilt all on my own, I don't need any ham-handed amateurs
trying to add to it, because I assure you they are not nearly as cruel
as the videos playing twentyfour\seven in the theater of my mind.

This morning I had approximately two hundred messages in my in-box
asking me to please not leave the FML. I like making people happy. I
am, no kidding, astounded that so many people are upset at the thought
of losing my stories. I don't know what to *do* with this. I don't know
how it should make me feel. But right now, I need to focus on other
things. I don't like saying "I'm going to quit" and then changing my
mind as if I had just done it to get attention or sympathy. I strongly
dislike that kind of dilettante behavior in others. I have more
attention right now that I can handle.

Can I make a comprise with my FML friends? (I was the least liked kid
in grade school. Last to be picked for basketball and I have "fans?" I
remember when I supposedly had cooties. Big ones.) Is it OK if I take a
break from the FML long enough to get past this psychiatric season of
discontent and then come back, say, around November? I am not reading
the FML. I need not to be reading the FML. Please don't send me any
more FML's you think I should see. Please don't send me any excerpts
saying what a good ferret mommy I am.

Thank you for your many kind words of support, those who have e-mailed
me over the last few days.You have truly, completely, blown what little
is left of my mind. (But in a nice way.)

Alexandra in MA
Page 449, always a good read.