Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 00:49:58 -0500
Hi everyone.....I got lots of ideas on what to do on my biter from the
FML. I also want to thank you for your ideas. I am trying them.Also I
am very sadden by Todd Leuthold's death. I enjoyed his "entries" in the
FML. My condolences to his family.

Here are some of answers to your questions about Sugar:She was bought
from a pet store 2-3 weeks ago. She was one of the older ones at 12
weeks old. She is a good sized ferret for that young and a female too.
I didn't put her with my two other ferts for a week. They seem to get
along ok. I know my other female, Honey, would chase her some at first
but seems ok now.I've had a deaf ferret before. He died just last
spring. He was a DEW like Sugar is. He did some nipping when real young
but outgrew it as he got older. But he was one of those lick chomp type
ferrets. I strongly think this ferret is deaf too now. Maybe bitting
out of fear...not sure.I am starting to scruff her when she bites. It
gets difficult to do because she knows she did bad because she will run
and hide. I grab her as soon as I can, scruff her, and do the "no bite"
and shake my head. As I have been trying this sometimes it looks as if
she is "thinking" when she sniffs at my toes or fingers, skin, etc.
Sometimes she gives in and bites.Usually when I forget the bitter apple
stuff. She doesn't like me picking her up because she bites really hard
then She seems afraid of my hands. I have to be quick to scruff her.
Doesn't seem to have a lot to scruff there though.I put ferretone on my
fingers one day(I was brave) and she licked it off.I quit putting her
in her cage for time outs. I don't want her to associate that with the
times all my fuzzies go into the cage when I go to work.I am also
trying not to be afraid of her. Sometimes she just comes over to sniff
and walks away. But I never know. I actually want to pick her up and
cuddle with her. She is so pretty and playful. But I think she has
been in the display case in the pet store too long and deaf too.

My other ferret Jeep that was deaf, I think, played too hard at times.
Honey hissed at him sometimes. She hisses at Sugar too but still plays
with her. Honey looks like she is disgusted that this new kid plays
rough sometimes. Anymore input from the FML is appreciated. Thanks

Susan.....the sore fingered one
Squeak...minus one left adrenal
Honey.. The one with attitude
Sugar or Fang or Dracula or Kujo or........ ; - )