From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 13:07:42 -0400
>I live less than 5 minutes from a cuple of parks/public beaches on the
>shore of Lake Michigan, and Maddy, is well, MAD for the sand.  My husband
>and I even got down on our knees a cuple times and helped her excavate a
>lil den

Be careful where you do this.  The sand in Florida is acidic - I know that
if I keep Florida sand around and put metal items on it, they get
discolored.  Now, I stood in Florida sand with bare feet for hours every
day, for days at a time (ah, the joys of being a college student on
vacation!) and it didn't hurt me, so it shouldn't hurt your fuzzies, but if
you want to bring some home, be careful what you put it in.

Just a thought...