From:
"Michael Schieman, Mee Maw and ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 23:09:47 -0500
Well, it's time to fish or cut bait.  Seems that I created a monster with
the PML.

It started off as an attempt to keep up with the letters that kept coming
in.  It went out only when I lost all hope of answering them all.  The list
of subscribers has grown to the point that each edition has to go out in
quite a few groups of 50 - the maximum that CompuServe willd allow on any
single post.

Now we're in the middle of moving to AOL and its unlimited access time.
Subscription requests for the PML keep coming in.  To quote Scarlett O'Hara,
"Whatever shall I do?  Wherever shall I go?"

To which Rhett Paw Paw replied, "Frankly, my dear, I don't have a clue!"

Mee Maw came up with an idea that might just work. We'll move the whole kit
and kaboodle over to AOL - with its own address. What a concept!

So, the next issue or two of the PML will go out to our CompuServe address
book.  Some folks that don't want to get it will get it; some folks that do
want to get it won't get it.  Sorry, but the whole thing has become a bit
disorganized.

After that, the PML will only go to those who send a letter to:
[log in to unmask] and mention SUBSCRIBE somewhere in the letter.
[log in to unmask] will become the only address of the PML after 1/1/97.

What is the PML?  First, and foremost, it's my chance to catch up on e-mail
that I otherwise could not answer.  Secondly, it's a chance for you to
respond to me about the things I've written.  Yes, your letters will be
published - if you wish them to - and within reason.  Third, it's a place to
celebrate the joys of ferrets, as well as anything else that brings joy to
you.  All letters that celebrate joy, no matter what the topic, will be
considered.  Flames and grumpy letters will not be considered - unless I
write them.  After all, it's my danged Mailing List.

Perhaps we can have some fun and explore some of the other things that have
brought us together?  Perhaps not.  It's worth a try.

So, send your subsrcription requests, posts for publication, or "just be go
to hells'" to [log in to unmask]  We'll try it for awhile and see what
happens.

BTW, don't forget about the other fun and informative ferret-related lists
that are availaible: the FML, Pepita's ML, and Ferrret-Adventures Weekly.  I
encourage you to subscribe to them before you even think about subscribing
to the PML.

Paw Paw