From:
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 08:19:24 EDT
I have come up with what I think is a great harness system for ferrets.  I
couldn't find nylon webbing of the right size anywhere to make try my idea
out, so what I had to do was go out and buy a pet collar and extra leash in
order to scavenge it's parts.  The one I made for our tiny little girl Kami
seems to work, which is great, because I couldn't not find a harness
anywhere that would hold her.

Does anyone know where I could find 1/2" or smaller nylon webbing that's
less than 1mm thick so I could sew it.  I tried fabric stores, upolstry
stores, sports stores with climbing equipment, no luck.  I also need a
source for plastic buckles that would fit the webbing.  I found all this
stuff on the web, but only for sale to industry.  In other words they won't
sell me a couple of yards of this stuff!  I was really wanting to make some
presents for other ferret people :o(

If anyone knows of  source for this type of stuff please let me know.

Leigh