From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 03 Nov 1994 14:14:33 -0800
  on All Souls Day (Nov. 1) there is an "All Pets To
Heaven Candle Ceremony" written by Lisa Singer and posted to the
dogs list, followed by memorials written by people whose pets died
during the year; it is very touching and personal as the individual
owners post their collective tribute to their small friends.
  What a beautiful idea--would we want to do a similar memorial next
year for all of our weaselfriends who have "crossed the Rainbow
Bridge" that year?
  All over the land, at the same time on the same evening, we would
all be united in remembrance of our loving animal companions. . .
  Lisa Singer posts her address as [log in to unmask] and her ceremony
is a warm, loving, non-sectarian one which brought tears to my eyes
as I read it. The short service was forwarded to me by someone on
CANINE-L. I can't repost it, of course, but I can tell you that it
is thoughtful and meaningful and I would like to get together with
people next year for it if schedules permit, and I would like to
bring up the idea for this list for next year.
   In memory of our small friends,
      Kate Pappas