From:
Michelle Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2010 02:10:43 +1200
Hi there

Being in New Zealand we have looked in to the ? of TB in ferrets, and
so have some of the Govrnment agencies. Research has shown that Bovine
TB can be found in ferrets and that it is normally fatal, it has also
shown ferrets are not vectors of TB but end hosts. Unlike Possums who
can carry and transmit it.

TB normally leaves lesions on the organs infected, I have not seen
these in either life or in photos.

Ferrets are carrion eaters so it is possible that the moms have taken
an infected carcus back, so I would find a vet and get the others
tested. I am not sure how long it takes till a ferret gets sick or
dies from exposure to TB. Wish you well in identifying and treating
what happens.