Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:25:52 -0400
Re:
>Hello All, I have a question about Ferretone.  How much and how do you give
>it to your little ones.  If I follow the directions I was told it will
>spoil their food.  And is there any other vitamin and mineral supplements
>that are good for them.  I also bought this vitamin stuff you put in their
>water is that stuff also good

I give my three fuzzies (well, actually two, but the dog counts herself as
a ferret when it comes to treats) Ferretone once a day - about a teaspoons
worth.  I used to try pooling it in my hand, but the floor and I both got
messy.  Now I use some small bowls that I have, squirt into each and set
one in front of each nose.  It seems to help all their coats, and to have
cut down on "itching".  In addition, a couple of times a week they each get
a squeeze of Nutravite.  The Nutravite is good for a "sick" food or for a
skinny ferret so I try to give it to them on a somewhat regular basis so
that it is a familiar food when they get sick, plus it has Taurine - an
essential amino acid for ferrets.

Karla (Meep, Daisy and honorary ferret - Shelley)

You cannot do a kindness too soon,
for you never know how soon it will be too late.
                            Ralph Waldo Emerson