Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:55:43 -0800
Just felt an urgency to comment on the post about getting a human baby toy
for ferrets.  The toy mentioned was the stacking doughnut rings on a peg.  I
am not trying to lay guilt on anyone or trying to sound as if I know it all,
so please, no one take it that way.  But anyway, I too thought this would be
a good toy for them, as I have 2 toddlers and some of their ferret proof
toys get handed down.  It seemed ok until I turned around to see one of my
guys running around with one of the doughnut rings around his neck.  I had a
hard time getting it off, I don't know how he managed to get it on.  I
thought I would rip his little head off if I pulled too hard, but I was in a
panic.

Just a word of caution, maybe someone else can prevent an accident due to my
mistakes.  I took them away from them and they get no more doughnut shapes
to play with, but if someone has one that the ferts' whole body can slip
through easily, then I wouldn't worry so much.

Something my guys like REALLY well is a beanbag!  Maybe a large toy, but
they love to war dance in it and wrestle each other.  Although 24 hr.
access is probably not a good idea since they do get holes easily, and have
nasty styrofoam balls in them.Mine only get to play with it when I can sit
right there with them.  That makes it even more special because they don't
get to play with it 'anytime'.  So they get very excited like it's something
new each time.

Ferret toy ideas are endless!  But isn't it so much fun building,creating
and thinking up all that cool stuff?

    Angel and the 2 heart snatchers
    Jax ( hold me mom, hold ME)
    Allister (hold still Jax, I'm trying to clean your ears!)