From:
Violette Malomay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:19:31 EST
Hi All
Not a big poster, more of a lurker.  After reading the posts about our BIG
Earthquake, I decided I had to post.  Was at work at the time and couldn't
get back home until 4PM.  All I could think about was my babies!  (We have
6) They are our prides and joys.  I was so worried that they may have been
hurt.  Live just across the West Seattle Bridge.  Got home came through the
door, picked up the few things that needed picking up, opened the cage and
got the strangest look from these guys.  They usually can't wait to get out
of their cage when we get home.  This time they sort of looked at me, as
if to say, no way.  It is safer in here than out there!  I had to chuckle.
They were kind of quiet (if you can call a ferret quiet!) lastnight.
Tonight they are up to their normal selves.  Running around, climbing up
mom's legs, begging for food and just having a good time.  Funny how when
something like this happens all you can think about is how your kids are -
the four legged one too.  I am so thankful that this wasn't any worse than
what it was.

Well, DOOKS to all.  Love those little critters, they so deserve it.

Vi, Michael and the gang
(Tawny, Chiquito, Teddy, Sassie, Miss Tish and Samantha)