Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 22:21:23 -0500
What an exciting evening!!!!!!!  I had no sooner was home and changed
clothes when the doorbell rang.  Went to see who was at the door and didn't
recognize the gentleman at the door.  I asked him what he wanted and he
asked me if I was missing a ferret.  I wasn't but asked him if he found one
and he said that his son had at the gas station on the corner.  The guys at
the gas station thought it was a rat!!  But the kid was smart enough to
recognize that it was a ferret and caught it.  The kid then took it home of
which they have one remaining ferret, two dogs, and cats.  They said they
waited until they saw that I was home and brought it over.  Well, I told
them that I would take him in until the owner could be located and that I
would contact both ferret shelters and the humane society.  They didn't
even know that there was any ferret shelters in the area.

So I now have in my possession a male ferret found in the vicinity of
76th & Nash in Milwaukee WI.  I left my name and number with the Ferret
Den, Ferret Fanciers of Greater Milwaukee and the Wisconsin Humane Society.
The owner will have to contact either of these places to get my name and
number and then will have to give me a very good description of the ferret.
I will not just give him to anybody!!

I can say that the owner had recently cut his nails, gave him a bath, and
cleaned his ears.  For all intents and purposes his owner has taken care of
him very well.  He is just adorable.  He is being isolated from my 3 boys
as I am not sure if he has had ECE or is a carrier.  But he is doing okay
so far considering the day he must have had.

If anyone in the Milwaukee area of 76th & Capitol has lost a ferret or if
you know of anyone that has lost a ferret please contact the above agencies
and they will put you in touch with me.  I will also be putting out signs
in the area for about three to four blocks around me about finding the
sweetie pie.  I will give the owners a week to contact me and then I will
make a decision if I will keep him or give him to one of the ferret
shelters for adoption.  I will post next week as to the situation.  I
apologize for the long post.

dooks to all out there,
Joyce
Bo (who's the new guy?)
Tye (the old cage is back and who is that guy?)
Hoss (Can he come out and play, mom ---- can he, can he????????)