From:
"Joan A. Crawford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 08:31:35 -0700
Dear FML's,

Sorry I haven't written about Chloe on how she is doing.  I wrote back in
May about Chloe's vet who found cancer of the Lymph Node.  We started her
out on Chemo but after the second shots she got very disoriented and
confused, she didn't know what she was suppose to do with her toys or where
to go, then she started going around in circles, sleeping all the time.
Took her to the vet and he took blood tests, found her white blood cells was
very very low so he took her off of Chemo and put her on prednisolone, 1/4
tablet twice a week.  She was off of Chemo for 2 months.  Chloe went back
to her vet Monday night for a check-up and more blood tests.  They called
yesterday and her blood cells are back up and he said he thought Chloe was
in very good health.  She is back on Chemo now, once every 2 - 2 1/2 wks.
and 1/8 of a tablet twice a week, I will be watching her very closely.  As
you can tell I am very happy her white blood cells is back up, she is
playing more and not sleeping all the time.  Thanks to all who email Chloe
with best wishes.  Chloe's vet is very knowledgeable about ferrets.

My Deepest sympathies to Bob and Bill on their losses of Simon and Sophie
and to all the other owners who little ones have left them.

Joan and Chloe Crawford

The newest member of the "NBA Naismith Memorial Basketball
 Hall of Fame" in Springfield, MA as of September 29, 1997.

Joan A. Crawford and Chloe, (the red eye albino Ferret)
Senior Bibliographic Editor
Bibliographic Record Services     Phone: (847) 491-7586
1935 North Sheridan Road
Northwestern University Library   FAX (847) 491-8306
Evanston, IL 60208-2300
web page:  http://www.library.nwu.edu/staff/jcrawford/