From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 11:37:55 -0500
I shall likewise join in the toast.

I recall past Christmases when little Melampki used to take great delight in
seeing how many ways he could wad up the Christmas tree skirt.  I'd be
pulling my hair out by Christmas day.

Then, the first Christmas after Melampki went to Rainbow Bridge, I came in
and the skirt was straight.  I sat down beside the Christmas tree and cried.

Here's to you, Melampki, to you, Pyewacket, and to all the fur babies at
Rainbow Bridge.  May all your days be merry and bright.

C.B. and Maximilian

And a special toast to Max: Thank you, Max, for knowing exactly what to do
with that #&*!!  tree skirt.  The Goins house is once again filled with
laughter.