From:
"Margaret Zick (and Stan, Ollie and Jezebel)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 14:25:28 -0400
Barbara Thomas wrote
>Does anyone else have a 'fercat'?

Actually I think we have two now. We have recently added two kittens to our
zoo, Connor (16 wks) and Grendle (11 wks). The ferrets are teaching them the
joys of ferreting! Stan and Ollie (fuzzies) have their vacation home in the
bottom drawer of the guest bath. They open the drawer and climb into the
vanity under the sink. Both kittens now visit quite often. Well, while I was
typing this I heard a noise from the vacation home and sure enough, my older
cat, Kane, is behind the open drawer!

Grendel has also learned how to weasel wardance. It is so funny to see this
small kitten curl around and jump sideways. I'm not sure what he is going to
do when he grows up.

While reading the FML I heard a racket that had all the cats stirred up,
tails fluffed etc.  Following the sounds led me to the ferrets (fercats?)
cage only to see Ollie roughly explaining to Grendel that the top floor was
*his*.  Momma had to give much comfort to convince Grendel he was not
permantly maimed.  Besides both kittens, I have one that is slightly over 1
year old, Kane, who enjoys sleeping in the ferrets home.  It is a converted
kitten cage, but we made the shelves about 8 inches tall to make the fuzzies
feel snug.  It is so hilarious to see a full grown cat scrunching down to
climb the levels.

Maybe I have 3 fercats!

Margaret (<mom>ferretone goddess)
Alan (<dad>Hey guys, play time)
Stan (just put the ferretone nozel in my mouth)
Ollie (this is my pad!@)
Jezebel (dance dance steal steal)
Grendel (dance dance..is this right?)
Connor (ferret food is great!)
Kane (how do I get out of here?)
Lancelot & Sherlock (<feline>we're old and grumpy, leave us alone)
Gwynedd & Sinbad (<canine> why can't we chase the ferrets?)