From:
Robin JOnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 19:08:38 -0700
Lisette wrote:
>I was wondering if the people whose ferrets will be on the FML calender
>could tell us stories of their ferret or ferrets to make the calender
>more personal.  The pictures would become real individuals with a
>personality and life.

Great Idea Lisette!.  Two of my babies will grace the calender this year.
Noel and Tonks.  Noel came to me a year and a half ago.  She was a rescue
that had been dumped in a planter in a strip mall on a cold rainy night
in December.  She was totally bald excpet for her head.  She looked like
a little Lion.  A very nice lady saw her and took her home and called me.
One look and I was in love.  She was a sweet little girlie ferret who
loved to snuggle.  At the beginning of this year I started her on
Melatonin implants and she got all her hair back.  As you can see by her
picture when you see the calender, She was beautiful.  This last April
her heart failed on her, and after a valliant fight she passed over the
bridge.  She is missed by all who knew her.

Tonks came to be as a baby.  I prefer the oldsters so his comming came as
a total surpise to everyone who know me.  But as in most ferrets, I think
they pick us, we don't pick them.  When I first picked him up at 8 weeks
he was this little white ball of snuggly fur.  I thought I finally had a
little snuggler.  All evening we cuddled.  So I took him home.  HA!  he
showed me.  When we got home and I put him down he hit the floor running
and has never stopped.  He is my heathen.  He has made the household
jump.  Nothing will ever be the same now that the white tornedo is here.
His claim to fame??  He prays on command.  He tell him to pray and give
him the hand signal and he lays on his side and puts his hands together.
(he knows he will get a treat).

I hope everyone get a calender this year so you can see these sweet
babies.  Did you know that out or twelve months 4 will be represented
by California ferrets??  HA!!! take that Arnold.

Robin, Petey TPO, Tonks, Sugar Bear, and Buddy
Gone but not forgetton, Doodlebug, Bandie, Rosie, Noel