From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:16:24 -0500
I would like to ask the FML family to send prayers for Helga & Harvey
Clark, and their boy Tenaka.

Helga has been caring for Tenaka for over a year now, and he's been so
extremely fortunate to have this ferret angel in his life.  He's had the
best of care.  I've personally seen this boy give her kisses, and how her
eyes light up when this happens because he's not been much of a kisser.

Helga and I were talking a week ago, and she told me of the problems he'd
started to have, that he couldn't hold his urine, how she was bathing
him, keeping him dry.  We talked about all her options, and I knew that
she would be taking him to the vet.  We just got off the phone to each
other, and she told me what had transpired, and she questioned herself
terribly about what she should do.  But she and I both know that she'll
do what's best for him, come what may.  And I know how this is tearing at
her soul, how this hurts her.  You see, Helga is my 'ferret angel/mentor'
and without her my knowledge wouldn't be as great as it is now.  We call
each other for help, for support, to laugh when we're down.  When one of
us is losing one of our kids, we turn to each other.  She stayed on the
phone with me for over an hour almost 2 years ago when Socks left me,
letting me cry my heart out after we'd been to the vet.  And I know that
if the worst happens here with Tenaka, we'll spend more time on the
phone, this time me comforting her while her heart loses another piece.

So please, folks, send prayers, healing thoughts, whatever you believe in
to Helga and Tenaka.  Her for the strength to go ahead and do what her
heart dictates, which will be the right thing, him for either a better
prognosis than is expected, or a light to the Bridge.

Rebecca and the Crew of Merry Mayhem, with all their little heads bowed
and paws together for Helga & Tenaka
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and
 taste good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"