From:
Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:32:32 -0600
There have been a lot of posts about ferts and Christmas trees lately, so I
thought I would add my $.02.  Actually, my Mom came up with these tips.
Bongo kept stealing ornaments and hiding them, so what Mom did was move the
'people ornaments' up about 2-3 feet, and then took Bongo's toys and hung
them on the tree, or just tucked them into the branches, if they wouldn't
hang.  Then she took Cheerios and strung them on string, and wrapped the
strings around the bottom of the tree.  Bongo thought it was great, and the
tree (at least the top half) looked normal!  Now we do this every year, and
our ferrets think it's great - for them, it's just like Christmas.  (pun
intended) They war dance and dook like crazy!  You can also hang little
baskets of raisins (one or two raisins only!) or even put new toys in the
tree and wait until they find them.

Tanya, Bongo ("Hey, you're out of Cheerios"), and Boomer ("Y'know, if I
just tip this thing over, we won't have to stand up")