From:
Jody Fernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:10:36 -0600
I have started up an informal rescue here in the Tampa, FL area.
Yesterday, a local vet called with a two year old female who had been
surrendered.  The owner has two other ferrets, several cats and dogs and
a 21 month old child whom she allows free access to all the animals.  This
ferret was surrendered because she had inexplicably begun biting - the
baby, the owner, and the other ferrets.  Prior to the surrender she had
been locked alone in a garage for several weeks and was covered with fleas.
She did not fight her bath or getting her nails trimmed.  Weird for a
biter, huh?  She shakes with fear whenever anyone comes near the cage -but
has not bitten me and has even eaten raisins out of my hand!  Out of the
cage, she's very mellow but allows us to pick her up with no problem.  I
feel this is a case of abuse, but has anyone had experiences like this or
do you have any hints if she begins biting again?

Peace - Jody Fernandez
Ms. Jody's Critter Haven

Act Like what you do makes a difference.
It does.