From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 21:50:59 -0500
Hi everybody!

FERRET BOOKS
Funny someone should ask about "A Tao Full of Detours." I too debated about
whether or not to order this book.  From the brief synopsis in the catalog,
I thought that it was just a "cute" book.  I went ahead and ordered it
anyway.  It's wonderful!  I was so suprised at the informative, educational
content.  The book discusses domestication, the ferret body/movement, the
ferret life stages, play, social organization, communication, learning,
stress/disease related behaviour, predatory behaviour, reproductive
behaviour, and old age.  This is not another book with "the same old"
information.  Besides, it _is_ cute!

I do not have a copy of the FURO Book of Ferrets, but it comes from the same
organization (FURO) as "A Tao.." so you will probably see the same quality.

FURO
Speaking of FURO, I heard rumor on alt.pets.ferrets that FURO is disbanding!
Tell me it's not so!

OLDER/ONLY FERRETS
Opinions?  In your experience is it a good thing/bad thing to introduce a
new ferret to an older, only ferret?  Do older, only ferrets welcome a new
friend?  Does it stimulate them?  Give them a new "lease on life?" Or are
they generally traumatized by the addition of a new ferret?  Experiences?

FOOD IN PGH.
Hey, if you find out where to purchase Totally Ferret in the Pittsburgh, PA
area, please let me know!

MICE
Funny incident.  Paleface was stannding in the middle of the living room
floor, pondering his impending nap.  Lo and behold, out from a corner darted
a mouse.  Paleface pounced upon the unsuspecting rodent, bringing it to a
swift and sudden end.

Yea, right.  Truth of the matter?  The mouse nearly bowled my poor weasel
over.  I believe I heard Paleface say, "Pardon me!"  Sigh.

Gina
and
Paleface (I'm a pacifist.)